At DPC Veterinary Hospital we are one of the few Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale area veterinary hospitals to offer pet rehabilitation for animals suffering from injuries, chronic conditions or recovering from surgery.
We begin with a review of the animal’s medical history and a physical examination to determine if they might benefit from one of our rehab treatments. We take measurements and perform tests that examine; muscle mass, movement, range of motion, strength, flexibility, tenderness or pain, weight bearing, gait and muscle tone.
Once we make a diagnosis our rehab specialists will help your pet begin their road to recovery by creating a customized rehabilitation treatment plan. Depending upon the severity of their condition and the nature of the treatment this typically involves 1-3 treatments per week. Your pets rehab will likely include exercises for you to do with them at home to aid in their recovery. Treatment options include:
- Pain Package—If you have a pet that suffers from arthritis, old age, muscle sprains or joint pain we may consider alternative pain therapies like:
- Pet massage—With deliberate specific strokes, therapeutic massage produces improvements in your pets’ emotional and physical well-being.
- Acupuncture—This ancient treatment process involves inserting a series of sterile, ultra-sharp needles at the points that can best treat the ailment.
- Veterinary laser treatments—Pet laser treatments involve sending light energy deep into the tissue of the affected area resulting in a soothing warmth and almost immediate pain relief.
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation—Helps to relieve pain and muscle spasms, improves joint mobility and circulation, prevents muscle atrophy and increases muscle mass and strength
- Exercise—Strengthening exercises may include; steps, balls, ramps and weights and can help restore strength for normal activities.
- Injections—including homeopathic as well as anti-inflammatory
If you are interested in pet rehab call (954) 989-9879 today to schedule an appointment.